Prof. Yael Katzir – Producer Director Writer
Independent Filmmaker and Academic Professor.
- BA and MA in History and English Literature- The Hebrew University, Jerusalem
- Doctral Studies -UCLA, Los Angeles- California and Hebrew University, Jerusalem
- Doctoral Degree in History – Hebrew University Jerusalem, Israel
- MSC in Broadcasting and Film at Boston University College of Comunications.
- Independent Documentary award winning filmmaker (director –producer, writer) Katzir Productions.
- Prof. of film & history at the Art School- Beit Berl Academic College.
- Director of Beit Berl College: Communal Cable Television Center.
- Broadcasting country wide on Israel Cable TV and Satellite, on Channel 98, Produced and aired 120 programs over 10 years.
Award winning Documentary Feature films
- Company Jasmine , 56 Minutes , 2000
- Shivah For My Mother, 57 Minutes, 2004
- Yiddish Theater –A love story, 80 Minutes, 2007
- Praying in Her own Voice, 66 Minutes , 2009
- Violins in Wartime, 50 Minutes, 2012
- Shores of Light, 56 Min.2015
- The Albanian Code, 55min. 2019
- My Grandmother had a Gun, (in production ) 2020
- A published author. Commando – Mom, (Diary of a mother of an infantry soldier) Tel Aviv, 1994
List of Awards for Films (Yael Katzir)
- 1979 Merit Award for Script Research, for the script: “Christianity and Christians in Jerusalem,” Israeli Film Festival at The Israel National Film Center.
- 1980 Merit Award for the Script “A Walk in Crusader Jerusalem” International Film Festival, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- 2001 First Prize for Best Documentary, for the film: “Company Jasmine“, International Film Festival, River Run, USA
- 2002 Jury Award for the film “Company Jasmine“, International Women Film Festival, Turin, Italy
- 2001 Final list for “Company Jasmine” awarded: “Nomination Golden Sheaf” at the Yorktown Film Festival, Canada
- 2001 Final List, “Company Jasmine” reached the ” at the MOONDANCE International Film Festival, Colorado, USA
- 2002 The film “Company Jasmine” was a finalist at AFEMA International Film Festival in Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 2004 Jury award for the film “Shivah For My Mother” in the 44th International Film Festival, Krakow, Poland
- 2004 City Major Prize for the film “Shivah for My Mother” in the International Film Festival, Neuerbranderburg, Germany
- 2004 Jury Award for the film “Shivah For My Mother” in the International Film Festival, Belgrade, Serbia
- 2006 Jury Award for the film “The Choices of Rama Lindheim” Jewish Film Festival Ohio
- 2007 Merit Award for “A Glimpse of Paradise” at the Jaipur (INDIA) International Short films on Culture.
- 2007 Merit Award for “A Place for Every One” Jaipur (India) International Short film festival on culture.
- 2008 Honor Certificate for “Praying in her Own Voice” Indore (India) International film festival for tribal art and culture
- 2012 Runner Up (2ed Place) “Violins in Wartime“, Los Angeles, California Jewish film Festival
- 2013 Best Documentary, “Violins in Wartime” Sole –Luna Palermo International Film Festival, Sicily, Italy
- 2015 Best Documentary, “Rinascere in Puglia”, Israeli FF, Rome, Italy
- 2015 Special Jury Distinction,” Shores of Light”, Mumbai International – Short Film festival, Mumbai, India
- 2016 Letter of Excellence, “Shores of Light” , Noida International film – Festival, Delhi, India